Journey with our Savior, exploring the spiritual relevance of key points along the path of Christ’s passion in this series of six services for Lent.
The places where the passion of our Lord took place hold special meaning to Christians the world over. These places remind us that Jesus walked this Earth and stood in locations we can still find today to carry out his mission of salvation. This was no sightseeing trip for our Savior. There was a serious reason he came to be at certain places and at particular times to suffer and die and rise again. He was fulfilling the will of his Father who desired that we be forgiven and given a place in heaven with him forever.
Kit Contents: Monolog Sermons, PDF and RTF text files of all elements of the program, Children’s Message, Music for the accompanist, Suggested contemporary song list, sample bulletins with order of worship, PowerPoint documents of all services with text (with copyright release) for use on screens.
- Ash Wednesday: The City of Jerusalem * Matthew 26:1-5: Jerusalem is the place of the Passover, where Jesus gathers with the crowds.
- Week 1: Bethany * Matthew 26:6-13: Jesus is anointed for burial by his friend Mary, at her home in this small town .
- Week 2: the mount of Olives * Matthew 26:30-35: The Disciples sing a hymn with Jesus before they head out to this place of prayer.
- Week 3: The Garden of Gethsemane * Matthew 26:47-56: Jesus is betrayed and arrested in this garden under cover of darkness.
- Week 4: The Courtyard * Matthew 26:57-69: While Jesus is put on trail before the high priest, Peter denies Jesus in this place.
- Week 5: Pilate’s Judgment Hall * Matthew 27:11-23: Pilate is positioned here to set Jesus free, but turns him over to be crucified instead.
See our complete Places of the Passion collection for coordinating resources of the same theme to enrich Lenten worship, prayer, reflection and study in your church or home.
Digital Download. Need help finding your digital purchase? Follow these step-by-step instructions.